Estee Lauder Palette


Hello. So you're probably tired of me modeling my face, and thinking what a vain woman! But that's really not the case. When taking photos of the cosmetics that I had used today. I began to see the potential of a still life colored drawing, or pastel painting. There is one particular photo of the cosmetics, where you can see the reflection of the lip stick, and lip gloss in the mirror of the Estee Lauder palette that I thought looked interesting. I think I'm going to hold myself to drawing that still life. (Sigh) I'm what you call a lazy artist. I know how to draw,but I hate to practice. I'm sure that won't make any sense to some of you. I suppose I prefer using mediums that give three dimensional results. For example, crazy quilting, or sculpting with clay. I really like using clay, although I haven't explored that medium in years! I guess having a husband, three kids,and a house hold to run. Makes creating the time an effort mind you, not impossible, but an effort none the less. And there's where I'm lazy. This is the natural lighting that I'm working with today. Misty, gray, and white! Which can be good to work with, if you can get the right angle to take photographs. But not easy, unless you practice...
There's that dang practice rearing its ugly head again! I used Estee Lauder's cream shadow in Ivory Cream all over my lids. Then I applied the green teal on my lids from the Starchild Odyssey palette. The navy shade from the Blue Dahlia Estee Lauder palette in the outer corners of the eyes blended out. Flirt eyeshadow in Sugar Daddy on the brow bone. Estee Lauder eye line in Midnight Blue. Cover girl mascara Falsies. Flirt cosmetics blush in Apple Dapple. Revlon lipstick in Blush, with Elf Minty lip gloss on top. Sheesh! I hope you didn't have anything pressing to do... when reading that massive list of cosmetics. That I just used on my face. I suppose if I can make time for all of that. Then surely I can make time to draw, or mess around with some clay... right?! By the way, amazingly I didn't use a foundation, or powder of any kind. Oh,and I forgot to mention that I did use a concealer under my eyes. Now this was the first time that I used the ivory cream shadow as a base, then apply colored eyeshadow on top. Which produced a soft colored effect on the eyes. I'm not sure if I would do this again. But if you're leery of bold eyeshadow colors. Then you might try something like this. I would think any kind of ivory, iridescent cream shadow that doesn't crease would work. I don't know. You'll just have to play around and see what works. Well! Have a good day, or evening!